Give us a Call: (856) 429-5900
ONE YEAR RENT GUARANTEE – Don’t get fooled by starter rates that increase every 4 or 5 months – we guarantee your rent for an entire year!
Self Storage Tips
As part of our service commitment, we have prepared a self storage guide to help you save time, money, and stress.
- Rent the smallest amount of space you will need and pack the unit full.
- Start by gathering as many boxes that you think you will need, tape, markers and packing material (i.e. foam shipping noodles, bubble wrap, packing paper or towels).
- If Possible, try to use uniform size boxes or plastic totes for easy stacking.
- Make up an inventory of your items and keep it in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box away from the unit.
- Prepare your space by placing a protective cover on the floor under your goods.
- Place your storage items on 2x4 boards or on pallets to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
- Plan your storage space. Place those items that you may need to access often in the front.
- CAUTION! Do not store anything COMBUSTIBLE (i.e., Paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.)
- Try to leave an aisle down the center of the storage unit for easier access. Leave a small space between the walls and boxes to allow for air circulation.
- Stack heavier boxes on the bottom and lighter boxes on top
- Be sure your boxes are strong enough to hold 25-30 pounds. (It is best not to put too much in each box.)
- List contents of boxes on all four sides; number the boxes and seal with tape.
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in paper and packed in sturdy boxes. Stack them on top.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard and marked “FRAGILE” and stacked on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, knick-knacks, china, silverware, small items, etc. Wrap them in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Larger appliances make excellent “packaging cases” for blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
- Put TV's and other electronics in the rear of your unit
- Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside each other.
- Tables that have removable legs should be broken down to save space.
- Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save floor space. Wrap cushions in plastic and place on top of sofas.
- Avoid placing sharp or heavy objects on top of upholstered furniture
- Cover stuffed furniture with cardboard or blankets to protect against dust.
- If you stand mattresses on their side, prop them up so they stand straight. They may tend to bend out of shape and become lumpy.
- Wipe any items made of metal; bikes, metal tables, tools, etc., with machine oil to prevent rusting.